The PNC program accepts all students who meet the requirements for the college and the program when a seat in the class is available. The general program requirements are:
- Testing out of or completing MAT 095 with a C+ or better within 5 years
- Completing English Composition I (ENG 101, 103 or 105) with a C or better
- Completing one Biology course (BIO 126, 194, 215 or 216) with a C or better within 5 years
- Completing the Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with a 50% composite score and a 50% score in reading and math
The TEAS measures basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, writing, math and science, and is used to assess the applicant’s academic readiness for our nursing program. A composite score (reading, math, science and English) of 50% with a reading score of 50% and math score of 50% is required for admission. The test is 170 four-option multiple-choice questions with a time limit of 209 minutes. Test questions address paragraph and passage comprehension (58 minutes/ 48 questions), Mathematics (51 minutes/34 questions), Science including the human body, life science, earth and physical science and scientific reasoning (66 minutes/54 questions), and English and language usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure (34 minutes/34 questions). Study materials are available for purchase at www.atitesting.com. Study manuals are available, on reserve only, at the Nahman-Watson Library at Greenfield Community College. For more information on the TEAS, please refer to www.atitesting.com.
- Completing immunization requirements as listed on the PNC Immunization Requirements form. Be aware that an up-to-date immunization record is required for admission, and a period of several months may need to elapse between booster shots.
Please be sure to review complete admission requirements in the Practical Nursing Program Information Packet.
Posted in: LPN