GCC is a great place for motivated students to earn college credit before graduating high school. Early entrant applicants apply online and additionally should work closely with their high school guidance counselor and parent/guardian to complete the Early Entrant Supplemental Application Materials.
The application process
- Discuss the possibility of taking courses with your parent/legal guardian and your high school or home school official.
- Complete an application for Early Entrant students online.
- Download the Early Entrant Supplemental Application Materials. Fully complete and return this documentation to the Office of Admission.
- If you are planning to participate in athletics while taking courses at GCC, you will receive a Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) waiver at your mailing address. You must complete this form and return it to the Office of Admission before your application is considered complete.
- Call the Testing Center at GCC and make an appointment to take placement tests in reading, sentence skills and math. Detailed information about these tests can be found at www.gcc.mass.edu/testing.
- Providing you have met the prerequisites to take the course(s) you have chosen, contact the Academic Advising Center to make an appointment to register for courses. New student registration dates are found on the College’s academic calendar and are posted on the GCC website. In general, registration for the Summer and Fall terms will open in mid-April and in mid-November for the Spring term.