So who is this guy?
- Born just over the mountain in Pittsfield (MA not VT).
- Four years in the US Air Force during Vietnam era. Great grow-up experience. Fortunately never ended up in ‘Nam (whew).
- Single minded… NOT! In college I went through interests like water… Physics, Microbiology, Psychology, Education and finally Computers.
- Went from Berkshire Community College to UMASS (BS in Psychology, MS in Special Education)
- Jumped into the microcomputer field in its infancy. Sold GCC its first two microcomputers… Apples (before there were PC’s)!
- Came to GCC because… GCC put students first (and still does) … and because I was invited.
- LOVE, love, love teaching, LOVE GCC… best job ever with the best faculty and best staff at the best school! What else can I say about a job where I’ve looked forward to going to work every day for the past 25 years?
- Best decision ever? Married Debra Jean 35 years ago.
- Second best decision? Quit smoking 22 years ago. Does quitting work? Ran 25th marathon last year (New York City). Number 26? Baltimore in October 08.
- Retiring? Nobody EVER accused me of that!
- Retiring (seriously)… technically I guess I am. For me it’s just a chance to put more energy into all those things I didn’t have enough time for.
- Future… I’ll still teach a few classes as long as GCC wants me, but mostly online so Deb and I can travel. Great excuse for me to take online classes to the next level!
- Future… a TON of new things to learn about. The list would take hours.
- Future… so much to do, I’ll never get to it all… but I intend to try!
- Future… Volunteer, here & overseas. Resume my artsy loves: Photography, Painting, Stained Glass, Writing, Video, Pottery… hmmm, what did I leave out? Did I say Traveling?
- Future… I still LOVE computers and LOVE to teach! Both will be part of my future.
- Did I mention I talk too much?