Our office works to ensure access for students with disabilities by developing and coordinating accommodations. Please be aware that there may have been accommodations and services you received when you were in high school that would not qualify as reasonable accommodations in college. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis according to each student’s diagnostic documentation.
New students, start here to request accommodations.
If you have an existing accommodation, have questions about either the content or implementation of your Accommodation Agreement, or would like to request copies, please schedule a meeting with the Coordinator of Disability Services by calling (413) 775-1332 or by stopping into the Wellness Center.
Examples of Accommodations
- Assistance with note taking
- Alternative format materials (e.g. large print or electronic)
- Assistive technology support
- Environmental modifications
- Interpreter/Assistive Communication support
- Test-taking accommodations
- Use of recording technology for classroom lectures
For visitors to Greenfield Community College, such as parents attending graduation or conference attendees who require disability-related accommodations, requests should be directed to the Disability Services office in the Wellness Center. We will make every effort to honor disability-related accommodation requests. We ask that you provide your request for disability accommodations as far in advance of the campus activity as possible.
Please provide the following information with your request:
- Your name and contact information and today’s date
- The name of person/persons needing services
- Dates of service
- Start-time for service
- End-time for service
- Location (building & room)
- Details of assignment (including the title of the event if any, the nature of the event, e.g. conference, graduation, lecture, presentation, meeting, concert, staff retreat, training)
- Type of service requested