4 Easy Steps to Enrolling in Credit Classes at GCC!
1. Decide if you should complete an online application for admission or only a registration form:
- You complete an online application for admission if you intend on applying for financial aid and/or want to complete a degree or certificate at GCC.
- You complete only a registration form if want to take classes at GCC but do not intend on applying for financial aid or completing a degree at GCC.
- For questions about the application process, to apply online or to obtain a paper copy of the application, contact the Office of Admission at (413) 775-1801 or at gcc.mass.edu/admission.
2. Complete a Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov to determine if you are eligible for state and/or federal grants, loans, work study or other scholarship money to help pay for your education. For detailed information on financial aid visit gcc.mass.edu/financial-aid or call (413) 775-1109.
3. Make an appointment to take placement tests in reading, sentence skills and math if:
- You have never taken ACCUPLACER placement tests at GCC or another Massachusetts community college.
- You have not taken college level English and passed with a C or better at another college.
- You have not taken a college level math course and passed with a C or better in the last five years.
- You have not taken the ACCUPLACER math test within the last five years.
For detailed information on placement testing or to make an appointment to take your tests visit gcc.mass.edu/testing or call (413) 775-1147 or (413) 775-1821. 4. Make an appointment to meet with an advisor and register for classes in the Academic Advising Center. For more information about the advising and registration process visit www.gcc.mass.edu/advising or call (413) 775-1339.