The Greenfield Community College Jean Simmons Nursing Endowed Chair Fund is pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for individuals interested in a nursing career. The endowment funds annual scholarships for individuals to support seamless education progression in nursing.
Individuals eligible for these scholarships are:
- Certified Nursing Assistants/Home Health Aides who have been accepted and enrolled in the GCC Practical Nursing Certificate Program
Application deadline DECEMBER 19, 2018
- Licensed Practical or Vocational Nurses or recent graduates of a practical/vocational nursing program and have been accepted and enrolled in the GCC Associate Degree Nursing Program
Application deadline FEBRUARY 1, 2019 OR September 1, 2019
- Registered Nurses who are graduating from or are graduates of the GCC Associate Degree Nursing Program and have been accepted and enrolled in an accredited RN to BSN program beginning in the fall
Application deadline MAY 1, 2019
Scholarships will be awarded to selected individuals who complete the application requirements and are selected by the scholarship committee. Funds will be paid directly to the education institution where the recipient is enrolled (scholarship money will not be directly awarded to the student).
Application requirements include:
- A 250-500 word personal essay about your educational and career plans
- A current resume or work history
- One letter of recommendation from an employment supervisor
- For RN to BSN applicants — Current RNs must submit proof of acceptance to a BSN program followed by proof of enrollment in the program. Current ADN students must submit a preliminary letter or acceptance to a BSN program followed by proof of enrollment in the program.
For more information please contact Melissa Davis, Nursing Programs Assistant at (413) 775-1753 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancy Craig-Williams, Assistant Dean at (413) 775-1758 or email@example.com.