Human Resources Department Mission
It is the mission of the Human Resources Department to support and advance the College’s mission, the Principles of Education and the Institutional Priorities. We do this by focusing on the college’s most valuable asset: its employees.
We will accomplish our mission by providing excellent, customer-responsive human resources services in the following areas:
- Recruiting, screening, selecting, retaining and advancing personnel in accordance with established HRM procedures and collective bargaining agreements.
- Providing customer-oriented, friendly, accessible service
- Fairly applying and interpreting current employment laws and guidelines
- Consulting to college departments on employee and organizational development
- Conducting employee orientation programs
- Administering employee benefits
- Providing administration of performance evaluation systems
- Collaborating with campus partners in academic areas on professional development goals and activities for college employees
- Handling grievances and complaints in accordance with collective bargaining agreements
- Developing and implementing an Affirmative Action plan and ensuring EEO compliance
- Collaborating with the office of the CFO on payroll and administration of employee benefits
- Providing policy development and administration
- Conducting compensation and labor market research
- Administering Employee Assistance Programs
- Maintaining personnel records
Our college values and motto, “We are all about learning,” are woven into all aspects of human resource management.
Peter H. Sennett
Interim Chief Diversity Officer
Kathy Forster, S.P.H.R.
Human Resources Coordinator
Donna L. Barton
Human Resources Assistant