Adware and Spyware Prevention Techniques
Adware and Spyware Prevention Techniques Adware and Spyware prevention can be accomplished by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Make sure your computer’s built-in firewall is enabled.
- Use your web browser’s security settings.
- Keep your computer up to date with the latest security patch at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/default.aspx.
- Use adware protection programs such as AdAware Personal Edition to protect your computer.
- Use spyware protection programs such as Spybot Search & Destroy to protect your computer.
- Use a malware removal tool such as Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.
- Be cautious when downloading or visiting unknown web sites.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) of software you do download.
- Exit Pop-up windows or programs by using the close button in the window’s title bar rather than clicking buttons within the window.