OverviewIntern will work closely with senior management on office management, bookkeeping, and other administrative tasks.
Start dateJune 2014
End dateSeptember 2014 (Flexible)
The intern will be responsible for a variety of tasks contributing to efficient office management, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Assisting with maintaining records in Quickbooks
• Overseeing accounts receivable and accounts payables
• Corresponding with subcontractors and clients on invoice processing and contractual matters
• Formatting Microsoft Word and Power Point documents
• Organizing and managing travel reservations
• Updating company marketing materials
• Conducting miscellaneous online research
• Entering miscellaneous data on the web or in Excel
Required intern qualifications
• Have prior experience with bookkeeping and familiarity with accounting principals
• Be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point in a Windows Operating System
• Demonstrate excellent email etiquette
• Have exceptional attention to detail
• Have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.3 or better
• Be available to work 20 hours/week
• Fluency in Russian (or other foreign languages) will be considered a plus but is not essential.
In addition, successful applicants will have an interest in working with a small, but rapidly growing firm and will be comfortable in a multi-cultural/multi-lingual environment.
Desired outcomes of internship
A successful intern will come away with an better understanding of the consulting industry, small business operations, importance of client relations and project management, The intern will have contributed to more efficient office management as well as improved financial records and bookkeeping practices.