OverviewDo you love Franklin County? Are you familiar with not only our celebrated landmarks, but the back country roads, characteristic architecture and hometown feel of our individual communities and businesses? Are you moved by good photography’s ability to inspire interest in our sense of place? Franklin County is the most rural county in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and it shows! Farms, fields and valleys form our historic villages and bustling towns. There is so much to do here – in our fine museums, educational institutions and cultural centers – but most of all, in our great outdoors! The Franklin County Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization dedicated to strengthening and sustaining economic and civic vitality in our region. We are also a designated Regional Tourism Bureau for the state of Massachusetts and develop regional advertising, public relations, brochures, and other marketing initiatives to drive visitors to our region. We are seeking an intern to develop and implement an organizational system for hundreds of travel and tourism photos of Franklin County as well as those of business related activities that the Chamber has collected over the years for use in all our marketing campaigns both in print and online.
End dateWhen project is finished
• Research photo organizing software and cloud options to find the best system for our needs.
• Help the Chamber identify photo categories best suited for our region and marketing needs
• Tag and label photos according to determined categories
• Implement the new system for current photos and set up organizational steps for Chamber staff to use for future photos
• Resize photos for both print and web needs
Required intern qualifications
• Familiarity of Franklin County towns, events, and scenery
• Strong organization skills
• Detail oriented
• Basic understanding of photo resizing
• Background/interest in marketing, hospitality, and tourism a plus
Desired outcomes of internship
To have all of the Chamber’s existing photographs cataloged in a new usable system as well as a step-by-step plan for Chamber staff to categorize new photos as they come in.