OverviewThe Dennis Group is currently seeking candidates in Industrial Packaging Systems Design Engineering for a full or part time internship. Successful candidates will aid in the design and implementation of packaging process and equipment strategies as part of a broad engineering and architectural team. Headquartered in Springfield, Massachusetts; The Dennis Group is a national engineering firm which offers complete planning, process engineering, facility development, and construction management services exclusively to the food and beverage industries. Relevant studies and experiences should include: • An understanding or experience with Conveyance, Wrapping, Bagging, Cartoning, Filling, Bottling, Case Packing and Palletizing. • A Fundamental understanding of Manufacturing and Packaging Design principles. • Fundamentals of Machine and Process Design. • Preparation of Line Balance Documentation and Process Flow Diagrams • An understanding or experience with Warehouse Design and Layout • Preparation of Equipment Specification, Purchase Documentation and Equipment / Facility Layout • Preparation of Machine Testing Requirements and Procedures • An Understanding of Sanitary Design Principals is a Plus. • Process Simulation Experience is a Plus.
• Assist with equipment sizing and specification/evaluation
• Assist with development/design and/or responsible charge of construction documents
• Assist with development of schedules for discipline related design and construction
• Assist with preparation of vendor/supplier ‘request for quote’ packages
• Assist with equipment procurement
• Site visits may be required during installation and start-up of related systems
Required intern qualifications
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access); MS Project, AutoCAD
• Strong technical writing skills
• Preferred previous experience and/or internship(s) in an industrial manufacturing setting
• Junior or Senior candidates with a 3.2 GPA or better
• The Dennis Group is not accepting applications from candidates who will require visa sponsorship. Only candidates who are U.S. Citizens, lawful residents, or are otherwise authorized to work in the US without employer sponsorship will be considered.
The successful candidates will be professional, self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Candidates are instructed to send resumes and a copy of student transcripts (unofficial is acceptable).
Desired outcomes of internship
Lead to full-time employment
Compensation: Base Salary Dependent on Skills/Experience