1 Center Plaza, Suite 320 Boston, MA 02108
Clean energy and sustainability consulting firm.
OverviewMCG is accepting applications for a full-time or part-time Research Intern. The Intern would aid MCG staff by providing analytical support on consulting projects and conducting research for issue briefs and white papers on emerging topics in the renewable energy and clean technology space. Sample tasks include the preparation of briefing documents, data analysis, interviews with industry stakeholders, supporting development of presentation materials, and supporting development of proposals. The initial term would be mid-January, 2017 to April or May 2017 with the possibility of extension. The Research Intern will be compensated at $15 per hour. Interns may receive opportunities to apply for full-time positions or sub-contract on specific projects, if available.
Start dateJanuary, 2017
End dateApril or May, 2017, with possibility of extension
The Research Intern would work directly with MCG staff on a wide range of activities related to the firm’s work on state and municipal clean energy policy, sustainability strategies, climate adaptation, and corporate responsibility. Interns would be expected to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
Responsibilities may include:
• Contributing to research papers and other project deliverables
• Preparing and formatting PowerPoint presentations
• Assisting with the development of proposals
• Providing administrative support as needed (roughly 15% of intern’s time)
Required intern qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite. Intermediate Excel skills preferred.
• Demonstrated interest in sustainability, clean energy and climate change policy, and/or corporate responsibility.
• Ability to work independently with supervision as well as part of a larger team.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and short writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2016. No phone calls please.
Desired outcomes of internship
The Intern would aid MCG staff by providing analytical support on consulting projects and conducting research for issue briefs and white papers on emerging topics in the renewable energy and clean technology space.
Compensation: $15 per hour