My favorite things

My short experience at Just Roots for the fall semester was so incredible.  I witnessed many vegetables I had never seen before and I experienced many sensations I previously missed in this lifetime.  I am glad to have them now! Here are some of my favorite things:

Touching the soft yet particulate dirt on your hands as you pull up a big fat beet from the land.

Hearing the rain pitter patter on the plastic sides of the greenhouse while you are warm and dry and planting lavender.

Seeing a little bit of a potato hidden in the upturned soil as you search the rows for potatoes that were missed during harvest

Tasting a fresh slice of watermelon radish for the first time WAHOO

And Smelling the sweet strong earthy smell of a carrot plucked from the ground is just perfectly divine.  Ain’t nothin like it!

seeing these fractal patterns in this sacred veggie are a trip!

MMMM the smell of garlic! pungent and sound, keep the vampires and disease away!

bathing broccoli beauties!

bathing broccoli beauties!

wash that kale! no one likes chewing gritty leaf, but a cold crispy dip will do the trick!

misty morning view

misty morning view

beans in the forefront

beans in the forefront