Just Roots – Quick Intro

Hi Everyone!

So much has been going on here at the Just Roots farm, its hard to figure out where to begin. Might as well begin with the average day here. My colleagues and I begin the morning around 6 am. On Tuesday and Wednesdays, we are harvesting mostly for the CSA distribution and Thursday and Fridays we are harvesting for the Farmers Market here in Greenfield.

We harvest everything from Kale, Eggplant, Watermelon, Peppers, Squash, Cucumber, Scallions, Tomatoes, Beets, Onions; the list is endless. After gathering all the produce, we prepare them for market which consists of cleaning, trimming roots, and packing.

The rest of the day is usually spent with me dying behind a lawnmower, just kidding. Our afternoons vary from priority, so much to do and it seems there is never enough time. We transplant, weed, and generally if we have time harvest something from the next days list. I am beginning to realize how much work it takes to make a farm successful.

Fall is on its way and Winter is just around the corner. I imagine the next few months we will focus on getting the winter harvest gathered, greenhouses tucked away, and other various tasks.

Cant wait to see what the future has in store!

Heres a bunch of pictures to give ya’ll a little idea of what we do here.

Victory from the rockbags!!!

Victory of the rockbags!!!/Crew mane

WP_20140806_001

Heres our wash station, Hi Aaron and Wankaman!

Produce ready for distributing.

Produce ready for distributing.

NO MORE TOMATOES!

NO MORE TOMATOES!

Got Garlick?

Got Garlick?

Yes I do in fact capture reptiles on the side