The library will host study breaks for students during finals! Coffee & cookies will be available as a pick-me-up (as well as all the research & citation help you need) from 2 pm to 6 pm on Thursday, May 15th; Friday, May 16th; and Monday, May 19th.
Keep calm and come to the library!
Finals are nearly upon us, and many folks have been wondering what our hours will be for the next week. They follow our normal hours, except on the last day of finals:
- Thursday, May 15th: 8 am to 8:30 pm
- Friday, May 16th: 8 am to 5 pm
- Saturday, May 17th: 10 am to 4 pm
- Sunday, May 18th: closed
- Monday, May 19th: 8 am to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 20th: 8 am to 5 pm (closing early)
Summer hours begin Wednesday, May 21st. Please note that our Friday hours change slightly throughout the summer (other days remain the same).
- Monday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Tuesday: 8 am to 8 pm
- Wednesday: 8 am to 8 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Friday (May 23 to June 6, August 15 to August 29): 8 am to 5 pm
- Friday (June 13 to August 8): 8 am to noon
- Closed Saturday & Sunday
For more information, including holiday closings, see our hours page.
April showers, and a year’s worth of academic work, bring May flowers!
As our semester winds down (how is it almost the end of the semseter?!), the library has provided a space for you to reflect on and share your successes from this year, as well as the challenges you have faced.
Visit the bulletin board just outside the library to post a flower with your success, a raindrop with your struggles, and read what other students have experienced this year.
Our research paper workshop was scheduled for Wednesday, April 23rd. It will be rescheduled for sometime the following week – so look out for updates!
This workshop is good for those who have never written a college research paper before, or for those that need to improve their skills. This session is different from typical library sessions you have with a class – this session will focus on the major hurdles in the research process (stress, time-management, picking a good topic, etc.) and how to overcome them, rather than covering how to use library resources.
There will be free food and drink for participants.
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-775-1831 for details.
Thank you for participating in Library Snapshot Day! Wondering what a typical day in our library looks like? Here’s what we counted on Tuesday, April 8th:
Number of users:
- 866 people entered our doors
Number of items circulated:
- 56 items were checked in and out
Library technology used:
- 156 people used our library computers
- Countless other students, faculty, and community members used our free wi-fi on their own personal phones, tablets, and laptops
Programs happening in the library:
- National Poetry Month book display & magnetic poetry
- Privacy Week informational emails & handouts
- Library Snapshot Day photobooth
Community use of library space:
- Student study groups met in our study rooms
A few favorite quotes from patrons:
- “I work from home…in the library!”
- “A place to escape, to dream, to learn, and…to sleep. :-)”
- “You can travel through space and time in the library!”
For photos from the day:
- Visit our flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/librarygcc/
- Or our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/libraryatGCC
The Library will be open from 10 am to 3 pm on Saturday, April 12th, closing one hour earlier than usual. We apologize for any inconvenience.
There will be a poetry event in the library solarium this evening at 6 pm, until 8 pm. The solarium will be noisier than usual as a result. If you need a quiet space, the south wing of the library will be unaffected. Thanks!