The library is proud to announce our newest database, Mango.
Mango Languages is language learning software for over 60 languages. You can learn Spanish, French, Cherokee, or Shakespearean English (and many more!) with Mango. They also have specialized English courses for non-native speakers, based on your native language.
Mango could be particularly useful for:
- Brushing up on Spanish, French, English, or Latin for a language placement exam here at GCC.
- Learning a language within your profession. There is a course specifically for medical or legal Spanish, for example.
- Getting to know the basics of a local language before travelling.
- Increasing your general cultural knowledge.
World Languages faculty at GCC feel this is a valuable program, and the library is excited to be able to offer this new service.
A couple of notes about Mango:
- You can create a free, individual account (we highly recommend this!!) to help you track your progress between sessions. Click on the Mango icon and choose “create a profile.” This login is entirely separate from both your GCC and library accounts. Then, log in each time you are using Mango.
- You can also just jump right in and start any language. Click on “All Languages” to see the full list of 60 available options.
- Mango also has many foreign language films, complete with captioning in the original language and English. An enjoyable way to both see great films and learn a new skill!
Any questions? Ask a librarian!
firstname.lastname@example.org | 413-775-1831