How does the ADN program choose students to accept?
Students need to complete the minimum course work and math competency, in addition to submitting health records. Because GCC has more qualified students apply than we can accept, competitive applicants have:
- excellent grades in the Biology courses (Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II, and Microbiology); the higher your grades, the stronger your application;
- non-nursing courses completed (Psychology, English Composition I and II, Sociology, Humanities, Biology); the more courses from the nursing curriculum completed, the stronger your application;
GCC also considers whether a student has:
- completed a prior degree (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s degree);
- completed a health-related training that results in certification or licensure (ex. EMT, CNA, LPN);
- taken the majority of classes at GCC