Advanced Placement for Practical Nurses or PNs
Required forms : Advanced Placement ADN Program Application + Health Requirements Form are available from the Admissions Office website
Greenfield Community College offers advanced placement for Practical Nurses into the nursing program, depending on space availability.
For eligibility, a PN must:
1. complete all the general education requirements taken by first semester students plus NUR 111 before beginning the second semester level
complete all the general education requirements taken by first year students plus NUR 112 before beginning the second year level;
2. be a graduate of an approved LPN Program;
3. be CPR certified;
4. pass both of the Excelsior exams below:
- Fundamentals of Nursing (Associate Degree)
- Maternal and Child Nursing (Baccalaureate Level)
Practical Nursing graduates from GCC who had a “B” or better average and have graduated within five years are eligible for admission to the GCC Nursing Program at the second year level without needing to take the Excelsior Exams.
PN applicants should contact Excelsior at the address below for a test application and study materials:
Excelsior College Exams
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12214-3106
Applications will not be accepted until all general education requirements have been met.
Acceptance into the program will be conditional pending (1) successful completion of the LPN Program and (2) successful completion of LPN NCLEX.