Moodle course shells are created automatically once the course has been entered in Banner.
Requests are needed only to add users to Moodle; create a department or group site; and create a Meta-course*.
All requests must be submitted through the online form available at http://www.gcc.mass.edu/it/moodle/
*Meta Courses in Moodle link students from multiple sections into a parent course. The parent course is where the course content is stored and all course interaction occurs. IT needs to create the meta course and link the multiple sections to this course. The sections are unavailable to students. For large classes, it is recommended faculty create groups for each of the sections linked to a meta course. Groups allow for easy management of the discussions.
New to Moodle v2.6 (upgrade 7/25/14)
New to Moodle v2.5.1
Getting Started with Moodle for Instructors
- Getting Started with Moodle v2
- What Does This Icon Do
- Note worthy for faculty using Moodle v2
- Add a Resource to Moodle
- Edit settings in Moodle
- Sending Email from Moodle
- What You See
- Moodle: Forced Discussions
- Grades: Grading and Giving Feedback
- Grading with Letters (versus percentages)
- Set-up Forums and Forum Types
- Hide and Unhide Modules and Uploaded Files
- Jay Gump’s How to Make Course Visible: https://youtu.be/_WVSs8Ks-4c?list=PLaXdpa7hHYZqPt0wrl1VBq7I8uAUPllZn
- How to Use The Streaming Server: https://youtu.be/ymuG_wjiVWs?list=PLaXdpa7hHYZqPt0wrl1VBq7I8uAUPllZn;
- How to Create Groups: https://youtu.be/g5GaAz4NRpQ?list=PLaXdpa7hHYZqPt0wrl1VBq7I8uAUPllZn
Quiz Creation in Moodle
- Moodle: Creating Quiz (all inclusive handout: 1st set up categories for your questions; then create the quiz)
- Assessment – 1st, Create “Categories” in the “Question bank”; 2nd, Create Quizzes from questions that have been categorized in the “Question bank.”
- Edit a quiz once it has been created, click on the quiz, then scroll to “Settings” (on the left side of the screen) > “Edit quiz”.