The GCC Bike Share program offers free two-day bike rentals to currently enrolled GCC students Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm during the fall & spring Semesters. There are currently five bikes available for student use.
Bikes are available on a first come, first served basis with a valid GCC Student Library Card. There is no advance reservation system. Bikes are available Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm through the Office of Student Activities & Community Service (C216) when the College is open.
How do I check out a bike?
- Go to the Nahman-Watson Library to sign a waiver
- Use your GCC student library card to check out a lock at the circulation desk.
- Go to the Office of Student Activities & Community Service to select a bike and helmet.
- Bring the waiver, lock and helmet to the Office of Student Activities & Community Service to get a bike.
- Enjoy the bike and return it all to the Office of Student Activities & Community Service (C216) within two days.
Bikes must be returned within two days of check out. Bikes checked out on Friday must be returned on Monday. Each student may check out only one bike at a time. If you do not return the bike within two days, the cost of the bicycle ($170.00) will be charged to your student account and you will be billed. Failure to pay will result in a hold on your account.
If you are away from a bike, it must be locked at all times. If a bike is stolen, please fill out a police report and provide a copy to the Office of Student Activities & Community Service (C216).
If you get into an accident, please call 911 and file a police report.
Helmets and locks
Each bike rental comes with a helmet and a key lock. Please keep the key in a safe place. You MUST keep the bike locked at all times when not in use. Please use only the lock provided to you!
The GCC BikeShare program is sponsored by Student Senate, the Nahman-Watson Library and the Office of Student Activities & Community Service. Bikes are paid for through Student Activity Fee funds. For questions or more information, contact Mary McEntee at Mcenteem@gcc.mass.edu.