Format of Test
- At Greenfield Community College we will offer the option of taking the test on Paper or Computer, in English or Spanish. However, you must register online and select format of the test ahead of time.
Massachusetts High School Equivalency Credential Requirements
There are age, school enrollment status and residency requirements to take the High School Equivalency Assessment in Massachusetts. You will be required to present a completed eligibility form (Click to download form: PDF doc, Text doc) verifying your information when you take the test. Please see the details of requirements included on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website: http://www.doe.mass.edu/hse/req.html
- The Paper Form of the HiSET™ takes place in the East Building, Room E126 and the Computer form of the HiSET™ takes place in the East Building, Room E150.
What to bring on the day of the test
- If you are 16 or 17, you must bring an official letter of withdrawal from your last school of attendance to the testing location. Failure to provide documentation will prohibit you from taking the test.
- Massachusetts eligibility form (click here to download: PDF doc, Text doc)
- Identification – you must present proper identification at the testing location for each test session. Outdated or expired identification will not be accepted. Failure to provide documentation will prohibit you from taking the test. The approved identification documents include:
- A valid Passport
- A valid driver’s license from any state
- A state-issued ID card
- National ID card
- Military ID card