Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Community College Transfer Scholarship
Posted on Friday August 10th 2012
Through their undergraduate Transfer Scholarship Program, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation annually awards approximately 60 scholarships worth up to $30,000 each year to help students of exceptional promise reach their full potential through education.
Fall 2013 Scholarship application round has ended……next application round for Fall 2014 transfer will begin October, 2013.
The Foundation hopes that applicants will consider at least one ‘reach’ or dream college for transfer.
Points to consider to start this process:
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP, A CANDIDATE MUST:
1) Be a current student at an accredited US Community College or two-year institution with sophomore status (30 + credits)
OR a recent graduate WITHIN THE LAST FIVE YEARS
2) Have a cumulative college grade point average of 3.50 or better
3) Plan to transfer, in the fall, to a four-year college or university to begin studies, full-time
4) Strong grades, academic awards and honors, rigorous curriculum and courses and substantive assessments by those providing confidential letters of recommendation.
5) Breadth of interests and activities: well-rounded student, initiative on behalf of others, such as participation in volunteer and community activities.
6) Have substantial unmet financial need
7) Be nominated by his or her two-year institution
Applicants will submit :
The application online
Obtain two Recommenders (who will submit their recommendations online)
All supporting documents will be submitted in PDF format only in the online application – to include:
Official College transcripts (front and back) originals
High School Transcript
applicant Tax Forms
Parent (s) Financial Information Forms
Parent (s) Tax Forms
resume, uploaded PDF
The Application will require several (6) academic essays. These essays will be reviewed by an English faculty member before the application can be submitted online.