Scholarships & awards
There are a variety of transfer scholarship opportunities available to Greenfield Community College students. Here are just a few of them to note:
- American International College, Bay Path College and Western New England College offer transfer scholarships to students as well. Scholarships vary depending on grade point average and number of credits. Scholarships can range from $4,000 to $14,000.
- www.college-scholarships.com – Designed to offer information about a wide variety of subjects, as well as free college scholarship and financial aid searches.
- Elms College offers several scholarships as well, such as those based on merit, while others are awarded to transfer students.
- Foster Furcolo Scholarship. The University of Massachusetts Boston will provide each year, the equivalent of a two year tuition and mandatory fees scholarship to one entering transfer student from each of the public community colleges within the Commonwealth. See Transfer Office to apply
- GCC Foundation Scholarships. In addition to great scholarship opportunities at other institutions, GCC students can take advantage of the numerous GCC Foundation Scholarships offered each spring. Among these is the Alumni Scholarship, awarded to graduates of GCC who are continuing their education at other institutions, and the Robert “Rob” Mugar Yacubian Transfer Award, also for those going on to four-year colleges or universities. Find out more at the Financial Aid Office.
- Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship – $30,000 for two or three years, for community college transfer students. 50 granted nationally. For more information, www.jackkentcookefoundation.org. Locally GCC is partnered with Amherst College.
- Lesley University is guaranteeing $8,000 to community college students who have been admitted and enroll full-time at the Art Institute of Boston or Lesley College, and this award is renewable.
- New England Transfer Association (NETA) Scholarship. NETA seeks nominations each year for Fall transfer. application process involves an essay, college transcripts; recommendation. See Transfer Office to apply.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic – Special scholarships available to transfer students from affiliated community colleges – more information here
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) has several scholarships that transfer students may qualify for – more information here