Join GCC as we recognize and celebrate our veterans! Activities are scheduled all week long and open to the entire community. See schedule below.
- MONDAY, 11/5 VETS CENTER OPEN HOUSE ALL DAY – Serving Breakfast, Pizzas and afternoon snacks
This will be an opportunity for the campus community (students & staff) to stop by the VETS Center to check it out, hang out and mingle with student veterans.
- TUESDAY, 11/6 ADVISING DAY – Evaluating Military Transcripts Workshop for students 10-12 in E128; COMMUNITY SERVICE @ HOLYOKE SOLIDIERS HOME from 2-4 p.m.
All veteran student will have an opportunity to bring in their military transcripts and have them evaluated or re-evaluated for graduation credit. Students are welcomed to stop in anytime between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. Terry Lynn, Dean of Professional Studies will review all transcripts. In addition, GCC student veterans will be heading down to the Holyoke Soldiers Home to visit with the residents. Everyone is welcome and should connect with Diane O’Hearn if interested in participating.
- WEDNESDAY, 11/7 BAKE SALE to raise money and awareness for Veterans Day. 8 – 12 p.m. in CORE FOYER; VET NET MEETING @ 12 – 12:50 in N215; A GATHERING FOR FAMILY MEMBERS AND FRIENDS OF VETERANS N215 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
VETNET is actively raising money to support local veteran families in the Greenfield during the holiday season. At the same time, flyers will be distributed inviting the community to join the Veterans Day Reception & VETS Center Room dedication on 11/8. SPECIAL VET NET MEETING for everyone. A social hour for folks to come hear what VETNET is all about and ask questions. Family members and friends of veterans are invited to a gathering in the VETS Center to socialize and begin to build an extended support community for our student veterans.
- THURSDAY, 11/8 VETERANS DAY RECEPTION & VETS CENTER ROOM DEDICATION 11:45 – 12:45 Dining Commons & N215 – This is the BIG DAY. A reception commemorating all veterans. Brief comments will be made by President Pura, Terry Lynn, Doug Wilkins, Catherine Lemelin (2011 alum), and Kevin Leszczynski (VETNET president). Following the reception there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at the newly named Channing & Marie Bete Veterans Center.
- FRIDAY, 11/9 COMMUNITY MOVIE NIGHT (movie & location TBA) 7 – 9 p.m. Refreshments will be served!