Construction Supervisor License continuing education requirements
The Board of Building Regulations and Standards (BBRS) requires continuing education units for licensed construction supervisors. Construction supervisors who renew their license on or after July 1, 2013 will need to provide documentation of a certain number of continuing education hours each 2 year renewal period based upon their license category.
- Unrestricted Construction Supervisors License (identified as Constructor Supervisor License on their card) must attain at least 12 hours of approved CEUs
- Restricted Construction Supervisors License (identified as 1 and 2 Family License on the license card) must have 10 hours
- Specialty Construction Supervisors License must have 6 hours (Masonry, Roofing, Windows/Siding, Demolition, Burning Fuel, Insulation) but need to achieve the required content
All Unrestricted and Restricted Construction Supervisor License holders are required to complete the appropriate number of continuing education each two-year renewal cycle. The following hour(s) of continuing education topics are required:
- Code Review one (1) hour
- Workplace Safety one (1) hour
- Business Practices / Workers’ Compensation one (1) hour
- Energy (except Demolition Specialty License) one (1) hour
- Lead Safe Practices (only first renewal cycle) one (1) hour
- The remainder credit hours to be completed by approved electives
Please refer to the 780 CMR R5 regulation for detailed requirements and the DPS website for more information. If you have any questions, please contact Kim Spencer at 978-821-2093 or 800-221-0578 or Kimberly.email@example.com.
GCC Trainings w CSL CEUs: