GCC’s Bridges to Success program is part of a statewide initiative from the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education to support adult learners transitioning to college.
The Bridges to Success program is a fantastic way to transition to college as an adult. As a Bridges to Success student you will have a personalized advisor to help you apply to college—plus the opportunity to take part in workshops that help you explore possible fields of study, begin planning your academic future, strengthen your study skills, and learn about job opportunities. Bridges to Success students have the opportunity to take a free summer class and your advisor will also help you transition into programs designed to help you as a regular student for the fall semester.
For more information contact Dorothy VanDeCarr at email@example.com or (413) 775-1468.
GCC’s Bridges to Success program runs from Spring 2019 to August 29, 2019. Students wishing to take part in the free Bridges to Success program must:
- Meet with the Bridges to Success Coordinator
- Submit a Greenfield Community College admissions application (help with this process is available if necessary)
- Attend at least 2 workshops before the fall semester.
- Free summer class
- Intensive advising catered to adult students
- Workshops to help the transition into college
- A transition plan to enter into the fall semester with a college advisor
Free workshops may include
- Overcoming Barriers
- Placement Testing Strategies
- Learning About Advising in College
- Finding a Major
- Goal Setting
- Career Exploration and Planning
- Creating a Schedule