The Massachusetts National Guard Education Assistance Program provides a 100% tuition waiver for Massachusetts National Guard soldiers attending a state college, university, or community college program. Generally, these state-supported programs are offered during the day as part of a degree program. Waives tuition only.
This waiver is available for an active member of the Massachusetts Army or Air National Guard who is in good standing and meets the following criteria:
- Is accepted for admission to, or is enrolled, full- or part-time in a Massachusetts public institution of higher education, as defined above.
- Is eligible to receive and has been issued a Certificate of Tuition Waiver Eligibility by the Military Division of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts applicable for any portion of the academic year.
- Maintains satisfactory academic progress as defined by the institution.
NOTE: Unit members are exempt from the MA residency requirement if serving in a Massachusetts unit.
Students must submit a Certificate of Tuition Waiver from their National Guard unit to our Financial Aid Office each semester for which you are requesting the waiver.
- 100% day in-state (state-supported) tuition
- 100% day in-state DCE (D/D non state-supported) tuition
- 100% evening tuition
- 100% summer tuition
- No fees are waived