Local businesses and non-profit institutions seek interns in marketing, accounting, management, sales and computer information systems through the GCC Business+%26amp%3B+Information+Technology+%28Copy+2%29 Department. Faculty strive to match students and businesses with meaningful and mutually beneficial placements.
If you are an employer wishing to recruit a student for an internship opportunity, please post an internship online.
GCC’s BIT Department recognizes that a strong, local economy is built upon a thriving foundation of small businesses. For this reason, GCC introduced our Entrepreneurship Certificate Program which enables students to formulate a business plan under the mentorshiop of GCC’s BIT faculty.
In addition to in-house support, GCC maintains strong ties with local support networks and opens doors for student entrepreneurs. We are proud of the many local business owners who had their start at GCC!
Entrepreneurship resources on the web
- U. S. Small Business Administration (www.sba.gov/)
- Harold Grinspoon Foundation
- Local Chambers of Commerce
- Franklin County Community Development Corporation
- Franklin/Hampshire Career Center
- Massachusetts Official Office of Labor and Workforce Development
GCC Business and Information Technology Students benefit from a wide range of supports in developing resumé, cover letter and job search techniques, including:
- In-class instruction in BUS 111 The Contemporary Business World, BUS 224 Business Communications, and other selected courses as needed.
- Personalized assistance through meetings with academic advisors trained and experienced in job search best practices.
- Referrals to preferred online resources.
In addition, the Business and Information Technology Department has prepared the following presentation to enable students to study best practices in job search and resume-building strategies as needed. We advise students to view the presentation and prepare a draft of your resume in preparation for a meeting with your academic advisor concerning career advising.