To use the Hypothes.is annotation tool, the course teacher must add a link to an external tool.
To add page to your course so that it can be annotated with Hypothes.is:
- Open your course in one tab and the page you want to annotate in another.
- Copy the URL of the page you want to annotate.
- In your course, turn on editing under the gear menu.
- Click “Add an activity or resource.”
- Select “External tool,” then click “Add.”
- Give it a meaningful name.
- Choose “Hypothes.is- Annotation” which is a pre-configured tool.
- Click “save and return to course.”
- Click to follow the external link.
- Paste the URL when prompted.
Notice the page opens in a new tab. To return to your course, click the tab in which it is open.