Evernote – a note taking application
What is Evernote?
Evernote is a popular note-taking program/service that automatically includes cross-platform syncing and cloud-based save features. This means that with Evernote you can access the same notes you took on your work PC from your iPad, iPhone, Android or a friend’s computer, essentially wherever you have internet access.
The simplest way to get started might be with their web-based service. These videos explain how. Choose your pace.
- A slower-paced, good and basic getting started video: https://youtu.be/LfHGojXf5Qs
- This guy likes a nice latté—a faster-moving getting started video: https://youtu.be/fFFcOcKQG-Q(This second one also gets into a few more features.)
- A thorough explanation from an instructor’s perspective (21 min.): https://youtu.be/lc2mC5WW2jk
- Another instructor’s perspective. Many tips in under 3 min: https://youtu.be/T1aKtCA6oo8
Evernote tips to share with your students if you introduce this application
Another way to organize using Evernote
The tutorials at Evernote’s YouTube site are a bit quirky, without any voice-over explanations. Despite this, these links are offered because they are brief and highlight specific features you may find interesting.
- Web Clipper is a powerful feature: https://youtu.be/QyuAn1Z_7uM?
- A little more about Reminders: https://youtu.be/eXLNpk8RpSA?
- The playlist of all 20 of their tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4I5cq2DfrSqDxIgxE1SXdYiWpizDpz8l