Since 1968, the Greenfield Community College Foundation has invested in the dreams of students who work, students who cannot afford tuition, students who cannot travel to other educational institutions—people for whom higher education is otherwise beyond the borders of their personal geographies.
We are committed to supporting the mission of Greenfield Community College—its students, faculty, staff, and alumni—by building relationships and raising funds throughout a service area that encompasses Franklin and Hampshire Counties in Western Massachusetts, and the counties of Southern Vermont and New Hampshire and beyond.
The Greenfield Community College Foundation is an important fundraising and “friend-raising” arm for the College. We support the future development and enhancement of all aspects of life at the College and our efforts foster greater loyalty and result in increased endowment and annual fund contributions.
Our priorities include:
- Affordable access to high-quality academic experiences for students, faculty and staff
- Enrichment of the cultural, economic, and civic life of our community.
- supporting the College mission of student success, academic excellence, and innovation.
- Providing the College the needed funding to support the physical, mental, and social-emotional well being of students.
- Supporting the College in expanding efforts to recognize, encourage, and celebrate our increasing diversity and foster equity in a global community.
- Ensuring that personal or social circumstances for each and every student are not obstacles to achieving their educational potential.
GCC Foundation Values and Guiding Principles
Values • An organization’s values provide a culture code that explains how the organization intends to operate. The GCC Foundation’s values include:
Guiding Principles • Guiding principles reflect the vision, mission, strategic interests, and core values of the organization. They serve as a basis for reasoning and action, a code of conduct that leads and shows the way forward. The GCC Foundation’s Guiding Principles include:
- Elevating the College in the eyes of the community and building a culture of philanthropy
- Building and sustaining a diverse and Inclusive organization
- Protecting the endowment
- Respecting (and acting in accordance with) the separate roles of the Foundation and the College
- Effectively collaborating with the college
- Maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Being good stewards of raised money
Being aspirational and innovative in our work together