1 Sugarloaf Street South Deerfield, MA 01373
CISA's mission is to strengthens farms and engage the community to build the local food economy.
OverviewOur Local Hero internship is a great way to learn about CISA’s work and what it takes to run a Buy Local campaign. It is through this program that CISA maintains direct relationships with our farms and food system businesses. CISA works with over 275 farmers and an additional 150 plus businesses who participate in our Local Hero program. We will be planning our Local Hero open enrollment membership renewal campaign, gathering resources, and coordinating one-on-one support to farms and businesses.
Start dateJanuary, 2019
End datemid-May, 2018
We are looking for someone organized and interested in these topics to:
1) Make introductory visits to Local Hero members to drop off materials;
2) Assist with workshop planning logistics and attendance throughout
3) Assist in analyzing surveys from technical assistance workshops and our year-end evaluation;
4) Write profiles of members for our website and promotional work; and
5) Calls and outreach to Local Hero members.
Required intern qualifications
Qualifications: Skilled in conducting research, interest in local agriculture and food, comfortable talking on telephone, well-organized, ability to present data clearly, experience with Excel, and access to own transportation required (sometimes a bus schedule can work, but often the buses do not work within class schedules).
Desired outcomes of internship
A rewarding experience.
Compensation: credit tuition is grant supported. Small stipend may be available through GCC grant funds.