Windows laptops are available for current GCC students with library cards in good standing. A photo ID is required at time of checkout.
You can request a laptop via the library catalog. If one is not immediately available, a hold will be placed. Holds are filled in the order they are received.
- Work should be saved to an external device, cloud service, or Google Docs. Once returned all documents will be deleted.
- Must follow GCC Information Technology Department Acceptable Use Policy (https://www.gcc.mass.edu/webdocs/hr/Acceptable-Use-Policy.pdf)
- Must be returned in person with the charger and carrying case to a library staff member during regular library hours and student must remain during the check in procedure. DO NOT USE LIBRARY BOOK DROP.
- Failure to return, loss, damage or tampering with the windows laptop and/or its accessories will result in a bill for up to $1000 for replacement and a hold on your college account which can impact registration, grades, transcripts, diplomas and certificates until the Library account is satisfied.
- The safety and care of the laptop and accessories is the sole responsibility of the borrower upon check out. Do not leave the laptop unattended. Do not leave the laptop in areas where the temperatures are extreme (hot or cold). Do not lend laptop to anyone, including but not limited to family, friends, other students, etc.