Is there a way to get credit for what I already know?

Yes. There are a few options to get credit for what you have already learned:

College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams are tests that cover material taught in courses that one may generally take in the first two years of college. You may earn college credit by successfully passing a CLEP test. Learn more at the Registrar’s Office.

Students matriculated into a degree program and enrolled in classes may petition for Credit for Prior Learning. The necessary Petition for Credit for Prior Learning form can be found in the forms section of the Registrar’s website. In order to receive credits for prior learning, the student submits the form along with documentation to support the petition to the transcript evaluator. Clink here to learn more.

Credit by Examination is available for select GCC courses. Learn more at the Testing Center.

Currency Exams are for students who have taken certain courses previously, but the credit for those courses has expired. If a student can demonstrate through examination that they have retained the information from these courses, credit can be re-instated. Learn more at the Testing Center.

Posted in: Transfer