If you are a student majoring in a STEM field—any science, engineering or math program—you may be eligible for some additional scholarship money and student supports to help you get to the finish line! Part-time or full-time current GCC students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher may apply.
STEM Boost resources can include:
- Free summer STEM courses to count toward your program
- Scholarships award up to $750/Semester
- If you receive a fall scholarship and remain in good academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better), you are eligible to receive another scholarship in the spring semester if funds are available
- Enhanced student support to assist with academic and life needs (e.g. career & transfer advising, resume help, internship placement, research opportunities, transportation, financial management, childcare, etc.)
- Networking with current and former GCC students, scientists at four-year schools and professionals working in their fields
Consider whether the following apply to you:
- Are you planning to either transfer in STEM or work in your field after you graduate from GCC?
- Could a little boost make it possible for you to finish your degree/transfer sooner? If there are more applicants than scholarships available, priority will be given to students who can finish by Sept. 2022.
- Are you willing to create a detailed Academic Plan (semester-by-semester) and commit to it?
Applications will be evaluated and awards added monthly, through the fall term, as funds remain available. Questions? Contact Deidre Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org.