The Student Veteran and Allies Club meets in the Channing & Marie Bete Veterans Center, room N215. The purpose of the meetings is to gather students with a common bond, share information, and build community on campus.
The club’s primary goal is to generate a campus-wide culture that embraces the leadership, discipline, and high standards veterans bring to our campus while translating their military experience to student success.
GCC’s Military and Veterans Services Office and our student club work together to:
- Create a seamless transition for student veterans returning to the classroom.
- Facilitate access to programs, benefits, and services for veterans in the local and college community.
- Provide appropriate space on campus for student veterans and allies to relax, study, share resources, plan activities, and access support.
- Invite all students, staff, and faculty to participate in the veteran community.
- Collaborate with the GCC and Franklin County community members to provide educational programming and training that promotes the successful integration of veterans returning to civilian life.
- Identify and develop relationships with family members of veterans in our armed forces to build bridges that encourage a broadening of their self-image and lifestyle management principles that contribute to their academic, community, spiritual, and emotional success.
- Endorse a non-political environment.
Anyone interested in more information or becoming a member of the club is encouraged to stop by the Veterans Center, N215.
Questions? Contact Chris Demars firstname.lastname@example.org