Our department offers the following programs:
- Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts/Education Option
- Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts/Gender & Women’s Studies Option
- Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts/Social Sciences Option
- Associate in Science in Early Childhood Education
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education
The Liberal Arts/Social Sciences Option offers an opportunity to explore of a variety of academic disciplines, including anthropology, economics, human ecology, political science, peace and social justice, psychology, and sociology. Students may concentrate on one subject, such as anthropology, sociology, or psychology, or they may take courses across the social science disciplines. A foundation in social sciences will help students develop critical thinking skills, and to develop a critical perspective on individuals and our social world.
Completing a degree in one of our programs provides a strong foundation for students planning to transfer to a baccalaureate degree granting institution to major in psychology, education, environmental studies, sociology, anthropology, peace and social justice, women’s studies, political science or legal studies. Future careers may include those in public health, education, health and human services, government, business, environmental advocacy, or a variety of other careers.