Greenfield Community College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100
Burlington, MA 01803-4514
(781) 425 7785
Greenfield Community College is also accredited by specialized accrediting bodies. Specialized accreditation encourages program improvement by applying specific accreditation requirements to measure characteristics of a program and by evaluating the overall quality of a program. GCC programs are accredited by the following:
- The associate degree program in Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- The certificate program in Outdoor Leadership is accredited by the Association for Experiential Education.
- The certificate program in Paramedic is accredited by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Office for Emergency Medical Services (OEMS).
- GCC is a Title IV Federal Student Financial Aid eligible institution.
- NEASC Distance Education Progress Report Approval Letter (October 2014)
- NEASC Distance Education Progress Report (August 2014)
- NEASC Acceptance of Progress Report and Report on Distance Education (October 2013)
- NEASC Progress Report with appendices (August 2013)
- NEASC Substantive Change Request with appendices (August 2013)
- NEASC Distance Education Approval Letter (November 2012)
- NEASC Distance Education Data Sheets (April 2012)
- NEASC Distance Learning Report (April 2012)
- NEASC Letter of Accreditation April 2011
- 2010 Institutional Self-Study with supporting documentation (.zip file, 40MB)
- NEASC Accreditation Report November 2010