Transfer credit is generally given for those courses in which at least a C- grade has been earned, and that are similar in content, level, and scope to courses offered at Greenfield Community College. An evaluation of transfer credit is based on the student’s academic major at GCC. Any change of major in the future will require a re-evaluation of this transfer credit. A student must earn a minimum of 15 credits at GCC to be eligible to receive an associate’s degree.
Other options are available for earning transfer credit; please see our official transfer and alternative credit policies.
The application process
Apply online! Note that admission to some of our programs requires a special admission process. You will need to submit a separate application in addition to the regular GCC application (complete the GCC application first) if you are applying to any of the following:
- Nursing Program
- Paramedic Certificate Program
- Practical Nursing/LPN Program
- Outdoor Leadership Program
If you are accepted to GCC, you will receive both an acceptance notification by email and acceptance packet by mail within a few days.
Aptitude tests in math and English are required so that we can place you in appropriate classes. Returning students may need to re-take placement tests depending on how long the break in attendance has been. Once you’re accepted, schedule an appointment for your College Placement Tests (CPTs) in our Testing Center.
Visit the Financial Aid Office for help completing your FAFSA and applying for financial aid. Early entrant and international students are not eligible for federal financial aid.
- If you are applying to one of our health career programs, special health forms must be submitted to complete your application.
- Some of our programs require a CORI check; if you received a CORI form in your acceptance packet, this must be completed and returned.
- High school and home schools students must submit Early Entrant Supplemental Application Materials.
- All full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all full-time and part-time international students are required to submit an Immunization Form within 30 days of enrollment.
Questions about the Admissions process? We’re here to help! Email the Admissions team