STEM Academy Summer 2018 runs July 12 through August 31.
Students wishing to take part in the free STEM Starter Summer Academy at GCC must:
- submit a completed and signed STEM Starter Academy application (including parent signature if under 18 year old)
- submit a Greenfield Community College application (online) or GCC dual enrollment application if you are in high school (download)
- be selected via interview with STEM Starter Coordinator
- place into one of the STEM Starter Summer Academy classes via AccuPlacer testing
- be willing to consider enrolling at GCC during the 2018-2019 academic year
- attend a mandatory orientation session
- attend required workshops and STEM activities
- participate in pre- and post program evaluations
- purchase all required texts and electronic subscriptions
- FREE science, technology, engineering or math class
- Earn college credit in a small-class environment
- Active learning/student engagement with peers
- One-on-one professional tutoring
- Personal Academic Advising
- Career-focused counseling
- Hands-on events/field trips
STEM Academy participants can choose from the following courses:
Interested in our programs? Download an application or apply online!
FREE STEM classes at GCC for qualified students who are new to STEM
GCC’s STEM Starter Academy is part of a statewide initiative to promote STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. Our program is for students new to STEM (including high school students graduating in 2018 or 2019) who are interested in attending GCC—for free! Participants take a summer science, technology, engineering or math class, receive intensive advising, tutoring and career support, and participate in special STEM-focused activities.
Priority given to applications received by May 1st. Classes held July 12 through August 31.