Classes will be held during:
July 15 through August 29.
STEM Starter Academy Summer 2019 runs July 15 through August 29. Students can enroll in one free course during one of the two offered sessions.
Students wishing to take part in the free STEM Starter Summer Academy at GCC must:
- submit a completed and signed STEM Starter Academy application (including parent signature if under 18 year old)
- submit a Greenfield Community College application (online) or GCC dual enrollment application if you are in high school (download)
- be selected via interview with the STEM Starter Academy Coordinator
- place into one of the STEM Starter Summer Academy classes via AccuPlacer testing
- be willing to consider enrolling at GCC during the 2019-2020 academic year
- attend a mandatory orientation session
- attend required workshops and STEM activities
- participate in pre- and post program evaluations
- purchase all required texts and electronic subscriptions
- FREE science, technology, engineering or math class
- Earn college credit in a small-class environment
- Active learning/student engagement with peers
- One-on-one professional tutoring
- Personal Academic Advising
- Career-focused counseling
- Hands-on events/field trips
STEM Academy participants can choose from the following courses (meeting times TBA). Find complete course information (seat counts, instructor, required textbooks) in our online schedule.
Interested in our programs? Download an application or apply online!
***Workshops below are from Summer 2018. Workshops for Summer 2019 are being schedule, however, the list below is an example of the types of workshops that will occur.
Date Workshop Location Time 07/12/18 Goal Setting C 208 12pm-1pm 07/12/18 Study Successfully C 208 2pm-3pm 07/16/18 Career Cruising 101 Library Computer Lab 2pm-3pm 07/17/18 Time Management C 208 12pm-1pm 07/17/18 Goal Setting C 201 2pm-3pm 07/18/18 Study Successfully C 208 12pm-1pm 07/19/18 Scientific Literacy and Communication Library Computer Lab 12pm-1pm 07/19/18 Career Cruising 201 Library Computer Lab 2pm-3pm 07/24/18 Career Cruising 101 Library Computer Lab 12pm-1pm 07/25/18 Career Cruising 201 Library Computer Lab 12pm-1pm 08/06/18 Financing College (Financial Aid) C 208 12pm-1pm 08/08/18 Financial Literacy (Personal Finances) C 208 12pm-1pm 08/08/18 Financial Literacy (Personal Finances) C 208 2pm-3pm 08/13/18 Financing College (Financial Aid) C 208 2pm-3pm 08/14/18 Resume Building 101 C 208 12pm-1pm 08/14/18 Resume Building C 201 2pm-3pm 08/16/18 Resume Building 201 C 208 12pm-1pm ***Events below are from Summer 2018. Events for Summer 2019 are being schedule, however, the list below is an example of the types of events that will occur.
Date Event Location Time 07/16/18 Lab Saftey by Natalie Feliciano C 201 12pm-1pm 07/18/18 Make Your Own Video Game by Catherine Seaver N 241 1:30pm-3:30pm 07/26/18 Prasha Sarwate – Chemical Engineer and Founder of HerSTEMStory C 208 12pm-1pm 08/07/18 Ecological Restoration by Tony Reiber C 208 12pm-1pm 08/09/18 Women in STEM by Alysha Putnam C 201 12pm-1pm 07/18/18 Make Your Own Video Game by Catherine Seaver N 241 11am-1pm 08/21/18 Competition of Marine Gastropods by Alysha Putnam C 208 12pm-1pm TBD TBD TBD TBD TBD Cady Coleman: Polymer Chemist and NASA Astronaut TBD TBD