Transferring to a four-year school

GCC has articulation agreements with a number of private and out-of-state colleges (in addition to MassTransfer agreements with Massachusetts schools). These agreements can mean that upon admission to a four-year college or university:

  • If you pass specific GCC courses with a minimum grade (determined by the accepting institution) you are guaranteed to receive transfer credit, and/or
  • If you graduate from a specific GCC program with a minimum GPA, you are guaranteed to receive transfer credit if you matriculate into a specific program at the transfer institution

Note that transfer to many four-year colleges and universities may require the completion of four semesters of a foreign or world language. Four sequential semesters of world language classes from GCC will fulfill any UMass Amherst language requirement. American Sign Language (ASL) may not count towards the language requirement at all schools.

Course equivalencies and transfer agreements with our partner schools are listed below when available. Don’t see a school on our list? Visit us in the Transfer Office or contact the school directly. You may still be able to transfer your credits wherever you plan to go—we’ll help you find out how!

Joint admissions to AIC’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program

Contact: Danielle Wisniowski

CRJ and CJC programs transfer to the Bachelor of Science in Social Science with a concentration in Criminal Justice.
CJC transfers to a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice; LAH transfers to a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, majoring in Health Studies with a direct path to a Master of OT; LSS transfers to a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.

Contact: Dawn Bryden (800) 782-7284 ext.1235

Transfer pathways for Early Childhood Education, Human Services and Computer Science. Bachelor of Science in Social Work available on GCC’s campus in a part-time, weekend format.

View course equivalencies/transfer agreement

Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) students can complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at GCC.
GCC courses transfer to Bachelor of Science programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology, Radiation Therapy, Radiography, Dental Hygiene and Nursing and the Doctor of Pharmacy program.

View course equivalencies/transfer agreement

In addition to regular transfer, Mt. Holyoke’s Frances Perkins Program provides full scholarships to accepted non-traditional aged students.
Guarantee’s ADN/RN graduates who meet specific admission criteria entrance to a prescribed program of study in the RN-BS program at UVM.
WNE’s Joint Admissions program is best suited for students enrolling at GCC for the first-time; if you have already earned college credit here or elsewhere the traditional transfer application process may be more appropriate.

View course equivalencies/transfer agreement