GCC has articulation agreements with a number of private and out-of-state colleges (in addition to MassTransfer agreements with Massachusetts schools). These agreements can mean that upon admission to a four-year college or university:
- If you pass specific GCC courses with a minimum grade (determined by the accepting institution) you are guaranteed to receive transfer credit, and/or
- If you graduate from a specific GCC program with a minimum GPA, you are guaranteed to receive transfer credit if you matriculate into a specific program at the transfer institution
Note that transfer to many four-year colleges and universities may require the completion of four semesters of a foreign or world language. Four sequential semesters of world language classes from GCC will fulfill any UMass Amherst language requirement. American Sign Language (ASL) may not count towards the language requirement at all schools.
Course equivalencies and transfer agreements with our partner schools are listed below when available. Don’t see a school on our list? Visit us in the Transfer Office or contact the school directly. You may still be able to transfer your credits wherever you plan to go—we’ll help you find out how!
Joint admissions to AIC’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
Contact: Danielle Wisniowski email@example.comAmherst College does not accept online courses for transfer.
CRJ and CJC programs transfer to the Bachelor of Science in Social Science with a concentration in Criminal Justice.
CJC transfers to a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice; LAH transfers to a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, majoring in Health Studies with a direct path to a Master of OT; LSS transfers to a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
Contact: Dawn Bryden firstname.lastname@example.org (800) 782-7284 ext.1235
- Transfer pathways for Education, Human Services and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work available on GCC’s campus in a part-time, weekend format.
Contact: Jae Bergman email@example.com
Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) students can complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at GCC.
- Education and ECE transfer to BA in Education (non-licensure)
- Environmental Science, Farm and Food Systems, Food Science and Renewable Energy/Energy Efficiency transfer to BA in Sustainability
- Food Science and Health Science transfer to BA in Health Arts and Sciences
- Social Sciences and Human Services transfer to BA/MA Fast Track Degree in Psychology/Counseling
Contact: Kim Hoag firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer agreements for B.S. Mountain Rec. Management; Adventure Leadership, Ski Resort and Snow Sport Management, Nat’l Resource GIS Mapping & Planning
Accepts GCC associate degree graduates with a grade point average of 2.75 or higher. GCC graduates meeting admission requirements and entering Marlboro College will be awarded a $1,000 transfer award. Marlboro College will accept a maximum of 60 approved academic transfer credits with a C- or higher; agreements with Marlboro College Graduate Center for programs in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (online) and MBA in Managing for Sustainability.
GCC courses transfer to Bachelor of Science programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology, Radiation Therapy, Radiography, Dental Hygiene and Nursing and the Doctor of Pharmacy program.In addition to regular transfer, Mt. Holyoke’s Frances Perkins Program provides full scholarships to accepted non-traditional aged students.
Contact: Carolyn Dietel email@example.com 413-538-2077Mount Holyoke College does not accept online courses for transfer.Smith College does not accept online courses for transfer.
Guarantee’s ADN/RN graduates who meet specific admission criteria entrance to a prescribed program of study in the RN-BS program at UVM.
WNE’s Joint Admissions program is best suited for students enrolling at GCC for the first-time; if you have already earned college credit here or elsewhere the traditional transfer application process may be more appropriate.
Transfer agreements for Liberal Arts/Health Science with the School of Arts & Sciences/School of Education & Allied Studies; transfer students must complete the same major and program requirements as do native students. Depending on the designated major and courses completed as part of the associate degree, degree completion may take longer than two years.
GCC’s Associate Degree Nursing (RN) program articulates directly with Fitchburg’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Liberal Arts/Health Science transfers to B.S. in Biology
- Transfer agreements for Liberal Arts/Health Science with the School of Public Health & Health Sciences; Kinesiology major requires a minimum 3.0 GPA, or 2.7 GPA with B grades in science courses; Nutrition major requires completion of CHE 111 and CHE 112.
- Fully online bachelor’s degree programs in Business Administration, General Studies, and more; info available at umassulearn.net
Transfer agreements for Liberal Arts/Health Science with the College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences; students interested in any major in the College of Health cannot be guaranteed transfer credit unless they meet the core requirements of the UMass Lowell major; students are not guaranteed admission into the Nursing program; Anatomy & Physiology I and II are required for admission.