GCC has articulation agreements with a number of private and out-of-state colleges (in addition to MassTransfer agreements with Massachusetts schools). These agreements can mean that upon admission to a four-year college or university:
- If you pass specific GCC courses with a minimum grade (determined by the accepting institution) you are guaranteed to receive transfer credit, and/or
- If you graduate from a specific GCC program with a minimum GPA, you are guaranteed to receive transfer credit if you matriculate into a specific program at the transfer institution
Note that transfer to many four-year colleges and universities may require the completion of foreign language. See our Transfer Coordinator to help you determine language requirement at the schools and degree programs you are interested in exploring.
Course equivalencies and transfer agreements with our partner schools are listed below when available. Don’t see a school on our list? Visit us in the Transfer Office or contact the school directly. You may still be able to transfer your credits wherever you plan to go—we’ll help you find out how!
- Dental Assistant Cerificate — Springfield Technical Community College
- Dental Hygiene Associat in Science — Mt. Wachusett Community College
- Health Informatics Technician Associate in Science — Springfield Technical Community College
- Physical Therapist Assistan Associate in Science — Berkshire Community College and Mt. Wachusett Community College
- Radiologic Technology Associate in Science — Holyoke Community College
- Respiratory Care Associate in Science — Springfield Technical Community College
- Surgical Technolog Associate in Science — Springfield Technical Community College
These neighboring community colleges welcome students from GCC to apply to their programs. Interested students may complete the general education courses listed above at GCC prior to submitting an application to Berkshire Community College, Holyoke Community College, Mt. Wachusett Community College or Springfield Technical Community College.
In their first year of study at GCC, students are encouraged to contact the program chair(s) for the desired program(s) to learn more about the admission process required for these programs.
See the GCC Art Department for a list of transfer options and articulation agreements for art students.