To qualify for Massachusetts state employee tuition and/or fee waivers (tuition remission), the employee must obtain a tuition remission form completed by the HR department at the appropriate state agency where the employee works. The form must be signed by the certifying official in the HR department who is authorized to verify eligibility and approve the waiver (tuition remission). The form must also be signed and dated by the eligible employee. For additional information about these waivers contact the GCC Bursar’s Office by phone at 413-775-1301 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following waivers are available for state employees and their dependants:
- MCCC Member: Spouse/Child Tuition & Waiver (Code 17)
- GCC Employee AFSCME Member (Code 9)
- MA Community Colleges Employee Non-Unit (Full-time) Spouse/Child Waiver (Code 29)
- MA Community Colleges Employee Non-Unit (Half-time) Spouse/ Child Waiver (Code 30)
- MA Higher Education (Full-time) Spouse/Child Waiver (Code 3)
- MA Higher Education (Half-time) Spouse/Child Waiver (Code 6)
- MA Higher Education Faculty (Full-time) Waiver (Code 5)
- MA Higher Education Faculty (Half-time) Waiver (Code 7)
- MA State Employee/MA Higher Education Staff Waiver (Code 8)
- GCC Benefited Employee (Full-time & Half-time) Waiver (Code 4)
- GCC Non-Benefited Employee (Half-time) Waiver (Code 4)
Obtain necessary forms from your state employer’s human resources office.