Welcome to the Academic Testing Center!
This is where we conduct academic testing—placement testing, currency/challenge testing, high school equivalency testing (HiSET and GED), make-up tests and tests with accommodations for GCC classes.
We are currently open for in-person testing and remote testing for some tests. Appointments for testing are required. Remote testing is available for Placement Testing (English and Math) and Currency testing for BIO 126, BIO 194, BIO 215, BIO 216, BIO 205, NUR 101, MOM110 and CIS 140. Please submit a request for an appointment.
Starting Monday, 1/9/2023 through Tuesday, 1/31/2023 we will be holding “pop-in” Accuplacer placement testing through zoom. Our hours for starting testing will be 9 am – 3 pm, Monday-Thursday; 9 am – 2 pm Friday. Click here to connect: Pop In Accuplacer Testing Via Zoom (Meeting ID: 818 7408 6997) . You can still request an appointment for a specific date and time through the link on the right.
HiSET and GED testing is happening in person at GCC and remotely
As soon as things change we will update this website! You can still contact us by phone and email and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
What we offer
- Multiple Measures of Placement into English and Mathematics Courses
- Placement Testing – CPT – ACCUPLACER Computerized Placement Testing for English and Mathematics
- High School Equivalency Assessment (HiSET and GED) – High School Equivalency Test – for students who would like to earn an equivalent high school certificate
- Each year we hold a Graduation Ceremony for everyone earned their High School Equivalency Credential. For more information and a video of the ceremony: HSE Graduation
- Currency – These tests are for students who have taken certain college courses previously, but the credits have expired.
- Challenge – These tests are for students whose life experience may qualify them for college credits.
- Health occupations – The TEAS tests for potential nursing program (LPN and ADN) applicants.
- Make-up tests and tests with Disability Accommodations for current GCC students. These are for students who miss an important exam or have an Accommodation Agreement allowing them to test in the testing Center.
- Distance learning – for both GCC and students from other colleges who require proctored testing for their distance learning courses
Our mission is to accurately assess the skill levels of incoming students, High School Equivalency candidates and other testers by providing a calm and inviting atmosphere in which students can relax and focus on their tests with minimal stress and distractions. We strive not only to provide the best possible testing environment but also to advise students about their test results with tact and compassion.