Greenfield Community College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the NECHE should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
New England Commission of Higher Education
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100
Burlington, MA 01803-4514
(781) 425 7785
Greenfield Community College is also accredited by specialized accrediting bodies. Specialized accreditation encourages program improvement by applying specific accreditation requirements to measure characteristics of a program and by evaluating the overall quality of a program. GCC programs are accredited by the following:
- The associate degree program in Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- The certificate program in Outdoor Leadership is accredited by the Association for Experiential Education.
- The certificate program in Paramedic is accredited by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Office for Emergency Medical Services (OEMS).
- GCC is a Title IV Federal Student Financial Aid eligible institution.
- NEASC Florence Location Acceptance Letter 2-9-16
- NEASC Fifth-Year Accreditation Letter 12-3-15
- NEASC Distance Education Progress Report Acceptance Letter 10-24-14
- NEASC Progress and Distance Education Reports Acceptance Letter 10-21-13
- NEASC Distance Education Report Acceptance Letter 11-15-12
- NEASC Accreditation Letter 4-14-11