Transfer Students

You are considered a transfer student if you attended another college or university before coming to GCC and want to have course work evaluated for transfer to a GCC degree or certificate program.

Transfer credit is generally given for those courses in which at least a C- grade has been earned, and that are similar in content, level, and scope to courses offered at Greenfield Community College. An evaluation of transfer credit is based on the student's academic major at GCC. Any change of major in the future will require a re-evaluation of this transfer credit. A student must earn a minimum of 15 credits at GCC to be eligible to receive an associate's degree.

Other options are available for earning transfer credit; please see our official transfer and alternative credit policies.

The Application Process


Apply online! Note that admission to some of our programs requires a special admission process. You will need to submit a separate application in addition to the regular GCC application (complete the GCC application first) if you are applying to any of the following:

If you are accepted to GCC, you will receive an acceptance notification by email.

Determine Course Placement

We use multiple measures to determine placement.  Discuss your options with the Advising Center before you make an appointment to take a placement test.

Financial Aid

Visit the Financial Aid Office for help completing your FAFSA and applying for financial aid. Early entrant and international students are not eligible for federal financial aid. 


  • If you are applying to one of our health career programs, special health forms must be submitted to complete your application.
  • Some of our programs require a CORI check; if you received a CORI form in your acceptance packet, this must be completed and returned.
  • High school and home schools students should review required Early Entrant forms.
  • All full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits) and all full-time and part-time international students are required to submit an Immunization Form within 30 days of enrollment.

Questions about the Admissions process? We're here to help!  Email the Admissions team