Paramedic Certificate Program
- Download an information packet
An overview of the program, admissions, plus tuition and fees is available from our Admissions Office
- List of required classes (from our annual course catalog)
This rigorous program prepares Emergency Medical Technicians for Massachusetts and National Registry Certification as Paramedics. It covers all aspects of advanced life support care and prepares its graduates to function as Paramedics in a variety of settings. The 17-month program meets two evenings per week plus an average of two Saturdays per month for 11 months, followed by six months of continued clinical and field internship experiences.
Unique to our program
Students participate in a clinical patient simulation setting, SIMS Medical Academy, located on the STCC campus. Take a tour! SIMS Medical Center
Who can apply to the PMC program?
- are a currently certified Basic or Intermediate EMT with at least six months of patient care experience (minimum 75 patient contacts);
- want to improve and upgrade your patient care knowledge, ability and confidence;
- are willing to make a serious commitment of time and energy to complete this demanding program,
YOU should apply!
Minimum age requirement
Students must be 18 years of age to begin classes in the PMC program.
Acceptance into the Paramedic Certificate Program at Greenfield Community College is very competitive. The program accepts students on a rolling admission basis, based on completion of specified admission criteria. Acceptance is contingent upon space availability.
Section 1: GCC: Tue/Thurs 5-9:30pm
Section 2: STCC: Mon/Wed 5:30-10pm
Both sections will meet together on scheduled Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Location will vary between the GCC campus and the STCC campus. Saturday sessions will consist of skills labs, seminar teaching and other specialty topics.
We have openings in both our GCC and our STCC locations. Seats awarded as applications are completed and submitted. A waiting list will be established.