GCC is pleased to invite members of our community to our annual event celebrating the legacy and birthday of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. on Monday, January 20 from 10am-1pm.
Activities and programs for children and families will be available from 10am-noon and the day will conclude with lunch and presentations in the Dining Commons. Activities include lessons from our dance students, rock wall climbing, bracelet making, mural painting and more. If you would like to sign up to participate with your children or volunteer to help with the event, please RSVP online below. We will be holding a meeting for anyone who would like to volunteer in early January and you will be contacted by email about this meeting. Any questions can be directed to Judy Raper, Director of Student Development at 775-1819 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Diversity Committee’s mission statement has been recently updated. The new mission statement reads:
“The purpose of the Diversity Committee is to work collaboratively to advocate and support diversity in our college community, to encourage opportunities for students, staff, and faculty to grow in their own understanding of diversity, and to promote equality of opportunity for all. With the support of college leadership, the Committee advises and recommends policy and practice on issues related to diversity consistent with ‘Principles of Education.’”
This was approved by the college assembly on November 5, 2012.
Our next meeting with be this coming Monday, October 15th, at 2:30 pm in the MacLeish room, just outside the library in C307. We will be discussing the following agenda:
- Update on the mission statement
- January Half Day Conversation
- Reflections on Nash, Continued
- Students at Assembly
- Nursing Space
- Meeting with Sher
- Meeting with Bob
Our next meeting and final meeting of the 2011-2012 academic year will take place this coming Monday, May 7th, from 2:30 to 4:30 pm, in the MacLeish room, C307.
The agenda for the meeting is:
- Introduce new member, Mary Phillips, and ask about potential students
- Chair elections
- Update on quiet & nursing mother spaces
- Follow-up from CCSSE – anything we want to work on?
- Pick a day/time/place/focus for diversity summer retreat
- Preliminary goal setting for 2012/2013
- Celebration and reflection on the year
We will be meeting Monday, February 27th, from 2:30 to 4:30 pm, in the MacLeish room (C308).
- Check In
- Quiet Space (sub-committee to research other institutions policies and space?)
- Nursing Space
- Kate Devlin- Financial Aid TV and workshops
- Rita- Religion Sub-Committee
- Concerning Behaviors
- Revisit Goals:
- Create Priorities for the rest of the year
- Talk about template and assessment (Marie joining next meeting)
- Conversation about possibility of retreat this summer
The meeting today, Monday, January 30th, has been cancelled. The agenda for this meeting will be moved to our February meeting. Thank you!
Our next meeting will take place Monday, January 30th, from 2.30 to 4.30 pm in the Learning Resources Conference Room, C427 (it is found inside the Disability Services/Counseling area).
Our agenda for the meeting is:
- Discuss readings from How to Talk About Hot Topics on Campus : from polarization to moral conversation by Robert Nash, DeMethra Bradley, and Arthur Chickering (Chapter 1 and Appendix A)
- Possible update from Kate D. about Financial Aid website
- Possible update from Rita on religious sub-committee research
- Go over list of goals for 2011-2012 and prioritize goal(s) for the spring
For copies of the readings, please contact Liza at email@example.com.
Our next meeting will be held on Monday, December 12th, from 2.30 to 4.30, in the MacLeish Room (C307 – just outside the library). Our agenda for the meeting is available here.
Our next meeting will be held on Monday, November 7th, from 2.30 to 4.30, in the Multipurpose Room (C208). Our agenda for the meeting is available here.
Our next meeting will be held on Monday, October 3rd, from 2.30 to 4.30, in the Dining Commons. Our agenda for the meeting is available here.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.