Dorinessy Orphee Meledje appointed by Governer Baker to be GCC's new Student Trustee

August 12, 2019

Greenfield Community College is pleased to announce Dorinessy Orphee Meledje as GCC's new Student Trustee.

Orphee is originally from Cote d'lvoire on Africa's Ivory Coast and is now studying Criminal Justice at GCC, with future plans to study international relations. She's been a student at GCC since the fall of 2017 and has been an active member of the GCC community ever since.

While serving as Student Trustee, Orphee plans to keep the students at the heart of her work. In her own words, "I believe on student equality, I believe on my will and obsession of leadership and mostly in women's leadership. I believe in creating and maintaining opportunities to students to allow them to build on their passions and skills for greater futures. I utilize public transportation and will advocate for the GCC bus riders. As student, we should be able to make known our needs. Nothing is late, we can build up all together our hope, our big change."

Orphee was officially sworn into the role by Governor Charlie Baker in a ceremony held at the State House on July 31st. Representatives Mindy Domb and Natalie Blais, as well as GCC President Yves Salomon-Fernández, were in attendance.