Requesting Supports and Assistance

The Women’s Resource Center supports and empowers GCC students and strengthens our overall academic community through advocacy, broad community involvement, scholarships, and by ensuring all students access to a range of comprehensive local, state, and community resources. Please see the FAQs below to answer any questions you may have and complete the following intake form to request an appointment for assistance.

Request SupportFAQs

Who do I contact for help and support?

Contacts – Rosemarie Freeland, Coordinator – 413-775-1114 | Diana Abath, Advocate – 413-225-1809

*Emailing our staff first is best:

What kind of assistance is available?
Our services and assistance are free and customized to the student’s needs and requests. We will review with you any immediate and pressing needs that could potentially stop or otherwise negatively affect you from completing your academic goals. Financial awards will be determined on a “first come/first serve” basis and approval of additional requests from a student within the same semester are not guaranteed. In order to enable us to assist as many students as possible, we may reserve the right to limit financial assistance to once per student per semester. Financial awards do not have to be repaid.

What is the process for getting help and support?
Complete the online “Request Support Assistance” intake form to connect with our staff.
Once received, a staff person will review your application and contact you to set up an appointment. Appointments can be conducted via phone, email, text, or video conferencing.

What kind of resources can I research on my own and/or in advance to meeting with staff?
The following main multipurpose resources cover many issues you may be facing and are updated regularly:

  1. – Human service and state agencies assistance for resources.
  2. Community Action Pioneer Valley – Family and Individual emergency services
  3. Franklin Housing Authority – Housing assistance and emergency services
  4. ProjectBread – Food source hHotline, meal sites
  5. Franklin County Food Access – Meal sites, food pantries
  6. Unemployment Insurance – Online application, benefit information
  7. Mass Fair Housing – Housing discrimination (especially if you are sick)
  8. Community Legal Aid – Direct assistance with filing unemployment!
  9. Emergency Childcare – Free for frontline, essential/critical workers, and vulnerable families. In Greenfield, Nam Taekwondo Center – 154 Main St. – 413-345-9888 –
  10. Free Meals for School Kids – Full updated schedules for pick up sites and COVID-19 updates.
  11. The Stone Soup Cafe – Pay what you can eat meals and meal pick up or delivery